MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Delphi

Networking with Delphi6, SqlDirect, MySQL 5.0 on WXP
Posted by: John Barrington
Date: October 27, 2009 03:05PM

Hi,

I am trying to network the above configuration, with all components active on an NT box, which acts as the server. The MySQL server, the Delphi6 coded appy and the MySQL database are all shared on the server XP box and visible from the client w2k box.

When loading from a client (w2k) box, an executable which needs to connect w MyQL, after responding to the user password dialogue, the appy dies. The Dr Watson log indicates an exception c0000025. When run from the server box, the application runs without error.

Other Delphi generated applications run from the client which do not connect to the database but connect to a .ini file resdent on the server, function without error.

I use MySQL 5.0 without the skip networking option and without loading anything on the client box.

When I telnet 10.0.0.253 3306 from the client box (10.0.0.249) I get a cryptic response then after a slight pause the connection closes, all of which indicates, I am told, that the network is functionong.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to why my appy might be dying. I suspect that maybe I have not set up MySQL correctly (perhaps an incorrect path to the data) which may prevent MySQL finding the database when run from a client.

I would also appreciate suggestions re links to web pages discussing networking MySQl. It is a topic not touched on much in the MySQL manual I have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2009 03:07PM by John Barrington.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Networking with Delphi6, SqlDirect, MySQL 5.0 on WXP
October 27, 2009 03:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.