MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Delphi

Deploying Delphi Applications
Posted by: Phillip Haley
Date: May 16, 2010 06:42AM

Hello Everyone......
I am producing a delphi application using a simple ADO connector along with a data source a table and dbtext component on my form. I have downloaded the mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.6-win32.msi to my development machine and installed the driver. I have produced a connection string to our MYSQL database on a fasthosts Linux server.The Ado table works great and i can see the field details displayed by the dbtext component(which can be filtered for differant users) on my form.If i change the database field values using MYPHPADMIN the changes are reflected in my dbtext component when i refresh the component. All seemed to be going ok until i tried to use the Project1.exe produced on another machine. All machines give an error { [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified }. I suspect that each user will have to download and run the relevant mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.6-win32.msi for thier machine operating system. Is this true or am i barking up the wrong tree.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Deploying Delphi Applications
May 16, 2010 06:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.