MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Python

Error while loading table with text file
Posted by: Atul Kakrana
Date: January 25, 2013 11:32AM

I have data in a text file which I need to upload into a table. My script in python 3 and uses mysql.connector (https://launchpad.net/myconnpy) to connect to DB and execute commands. I have been able successfully use mysql.connector in past without any problems but I am facing problem in using the command that uploads file to a table. My code is as follows:

def TableUpload(con2):
cur = con2.cursor()##Connect to destination server with table
res_file = 'extend2'
cur.execute("TRUNCATE TABLE data.results")## Clear table before writing
cur.execute("LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE './extend2' INTO TABLE data.results FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','")

The code clears the table and than try to upload data from text file to table. It successfully clears the table but generated following error while filling table:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cl3.py", line 575, in <module>
TableUpload(con2)
File "cl3.py", line 547, in TableUpload
cur.execute("LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE './extend2' INTO TABLE kakrana_data.mir_page_results FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','")
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/mysql/connector/cursor.py", line 333, in execute
res = self.db().protocol.cmd_query(stmt)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/mysql/connector/protocol.py", line 137, in deco
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/mysql/connector/protocol.py", line 495, in cmd_query
return self.handle_cmd_result(self.conn.recv())
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/mysql/connector/connection.py", line 180, in recv_plain
errors.raise_error(buf)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/mysql/connector/errors.py", line 84, in raise_error
raise get_mysql_exception(errno,errmsg)
mysql.connector.errors.NotSupportedError: 1148: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version

When I use the command for uploading file directly from terminal than it works well. It is just that command is not working from script. The error says that command is not allowed with mysql version though it works from terminal. Please suggest what mistake I am making or alternative way to achieve data upload to a table from local file.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Error while loading table with text file
January 25, 2013 11:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.