MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Python

Pytohn Linux Mysql Development
Posted by: Ed Hughes
Date: August 21, 2007 05:00PM

Hi to all. I have been spending a lot of time trying out various combinations of tools/libraries etc with a view to developing applications for Linux (KDE so preferably QT based) with a Mysql backend. So far I have looked at QTDesigner with pyuic, dabo, wxwidgets, eclipse with pydev and even OpenBase/Kexi as a way of creating a development environment of database applications on the Linux desktop addressing a 'client server' (presently MySQL) backend. This was very, (well relatively), easy to do under Windows as I am from a Foxpro/Access/C background. However I am having trouble finding the combination of tools that will address this model with Linux. I am new to Python but not new to coding having over 20 years experience producing code stemming from the days of Dos/CPM through windows through Unix and for the past 18 months I have been concentrating on Linux. I was just wondering what you guys would recommend as a development environment for developing database apps with python, a gui front end, a "client/server" database backend under Linux ? Any ideas are much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Pytohn Linux Mysql Development
August 21, 2007 05:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.