MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Python

Re: Mysql on nas (python)
Posted by: Stephen Feyrer
Date: March 24, 2012 05:53PM

Hi.

This is no longer a Python problem, that part (I think) I've figured out.

While trying to login as a user using python I got an error message that I didn't understand and thus jumped straight to the conclusion that it was Python that was the problem. This seemed logical owing to the fact that the mysql libraries that live in /opt/lib/mysql/ weren't even installed when I started(1). It probably wasn't a Python problem then either but I didn't know that at the time.

Before I posted my above question I did my best to demonstrate that I had something and that there were issues that I didn't understand and needed help with, some of which remain(2).

One of those tests was to connect to the server as root by directly referencing the mysql binary. Today in my python script I tried doing the same thing, The connection *appeared* to be accepted. Now, I know that I can connect to my nas mysql server as a user from a remote machine,

My new question is how to allow user access from localhost?

(1) I had to build the libraries and then install them by hand.

(2) I really don't want to start a new topic each time this thread takes a twist so I'll settle where I am and hope no-one's too peeved.

Please help...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Mysql on nas (python)
March 24, 2012 05:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.