MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Python

Re: Mysql on nas (python) [SOLVED]
Posted by: Stephen Feyrer
Date: March 28, 2012 12:27PM

Hi,

Not a problem. It's all part of the learning curve when you try something new.

At the time of writing I wanted to include this link http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/AddAPackageToOptware but the site seemed to be down. I didn't want to link to a page didn't know was coming back up :-( (The page is up and available at this time 2012.03.28 -- 19:30 GMT)

Following the instructions on that page you can build your own set of libraries for an optware platform and ftp or scp them onto your system. The files can be found under /<path-to-platform>/<platform-dir>/staging/opt/lib directory in a mysql directory I copied the whole mysql directory to /opt/lib/ on my nas creating /opt/lib/mysql.

That allows py-mysql to work. The rest is much more MySQL specific.

These were initially installation based issues and then my misunderstanding of python and a configuration issue.

Hopefully this will help others trying to use Python, MySQL and Optware together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 12:29PM by Stephen Feyrer.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
March 24, 2012 05:53PM
Re: Mysql on nas (python) [SOLVED]
March 28, 2012 12:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.