MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Mysql query produces different results for different users
Posted by: Amir Weinberger
Date: December 05, 2012 07:02PM

Hello,

On my website I have a form with 6 fields the user fills in order to retrieve desired records from database.
The user can leave all fields empty, in which case all the records are displayed.
Alternetively, he can fill any combination of fields and the mysql query will be built dynamically based on the user's choices.

When I click the submit button, it works fine, no matter what fields combination I fill in the form.

But, I have a problem with a user, actually a company with a network of 20 users connecting online using Sbox (router).
When they leave all the above form fields empty, they get the recordset and it's working fine. But, when they fill any of the form fields (any number of fields in any combination), they get an empty recordset. No errors but no records.

I have no idea what's the reason for this.

If they get all the records when the form fields left empty, it means they connect successfully to the database. Also, the PHP code is OK, after all I tested it and it worked (and still working) fine.
So if there is no connection problem and no code problem, what can the problem be?

If it is relevant, the difference between their computers and mine:
They use ie8 (I use ie9)
Their OS: Windows XP (mine Windows 7)
Om all stations they have NOD32 antivirus. (I have a different one)

I don't think any of the above is relevant, but because the situation is so
unexpected so I don't know where to look for the solution, I provide all details....

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Mysql query produces different results for different users
December 05, 2012 07:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.