MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Re: perl DBI urgent need help please help begging oracle dbi
Posted by: David Fulwiler
Date: March 16, 2008 11:06AM

Hello:
First what you are working with is the Oracle DBD which is a data base driver and the second bit is that the DBI is just the module that manages the various Data Base Drivers (DBD('s)). where you use '$db' as the syntax for your database handles I use $dbh so as to avoid confusion with completely different schema's, names titles etc etc...

Tell the IT guys to put the modules you need on the computer. or maybe they are all H1b's and live 13 people to a room in the city and would not recognize your request in English. My Recommendation is to learn Hindi or Gaurgaric

Consistency is key and in the key line of your code there is precious little of that. Yours looks like this. (my quotes)

"my $db = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:$oracle_sid", "$oracle_user", "$oracle_passwd") "

and would go a whole lot further if it looked a little more like this.

" my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:Oracle:$oracle_sid:", '$oracle_user', '$oracle_passwd'), "

- you used DBI in the declarative prior to the " ->connect "
so use that continue to use capitol DBI if this is your choice.

- Are $oracle_sid , $oracle_user , and $oracle_passwd predeclared somewhere and are these represented by absolute paths to the actual files that contain complete name, passwd, and username? predeclared using " our , my , or a global declaration?

spinner414

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: perl DBI urgent need help please help begging oracle dbi
March 16, 2008 11:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.