MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

phpMyAdmin - #1045 - Access denied for user 'pmausr'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
Posted by: Ned Wilsher
Date: October 10, 2006 08:46AM

I am one of those poor soles who has installed phpMyAdmin and get the error = #1045 - Access denied for user 'pmausr'@'localhost' (using password: YES). I have scouted around for a solution (to no real avail), noting in my travels that the the phpMyAdmin documentation suggests its a MySQL issue. I wonder.

I have installed Apache, PHP, and MySQL. All three talk to each other. I have successfully written a php file that connects to my database and reads and writes data. I have used the user 'root' and my password. So PHP, Apache and MySQL all seem to be working.

But I cannot get past the opening login screen on phpMyAdmin. What is wrong?

My phpMyAdmin folder is installed directly below htdocs, and in any event, must be talking to MySQL to return the error.

Can anyone help please?

Ned

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
phpMyAdmin - #1045 - Access denied for user 'pmausr'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
October 10, 2006 08:46AM
October 17, 2006 11:45PM
October 18, 2006 09:46AM
November 14, 2006 01:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.