MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Unable to INSERT from PHP page, UPDATE works 100%
Posted by: Marinus Greyling
Date: October 28, 2010 02:53AM

Hey guys, recently took over hosting for someone that has a PHP/MySQL site.

I'm a C#/ASP.net/MSQL developer so I have general db and hosting knowledge but I am running into a serious problem

First of all we are hosting the site on a Windows Machine with the following installed and IIS as a server:

PHP 5.2.13
MySQL Server 5.1
MySQL Tools 5.0
MySQL Administrator 1.2.17

The site is live and running and the Supplier data from the db can be read, searched and displayed on the site, however they have an Admin section where more suppliers can be loaded.

Went through the code and they use query statements instead of Stored Procs to do the INSERT but tested the query in MySQL and it works

Tested the page by replacing the INSERT with a select and it also worked so I know the page and the query works, I know that the DB connection is working and I also know that SELECT and UPDATE queries work.

I have granted all permissions to the databse user and has also granted full access to the db files on the server but still they can not Add new suppliers, using the script from the page I have inserted the suppliers manually in MySQL.

Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unable to INSERT from PHP page, UPDATE works 100%
October 28, 2010 02:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.