MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: PHP extension=php_mysql.dll not loading; cannot
Posted by: Dale LeBarron
Date: August 20, 2008 02:50AM

Well... I got it all up and running. I found that I hadn't actually "installed" and enabled the php_mysql.dll (even though it was there in ext) when I initially installed PHP. I had to go to control panel > programs and features > PHP > change ... to install the dll.

I then had a heck of a time getting MySQL to respond to phpMyAdmin. I had to change the MySQL install several times before it would respond. I then re-tweaked my firewall to lock everything down to my local system.

With the newest versions of these programs, I didn't have to place libmysql.dll in the windows directory. I also didn't have to do anything with the paths. They seem to have done all that automatically. I'm not even sure if I would have had to manually uncomment the extensions in the php.ini ... I'd already done that AND put extension=libmysql.dll in that file, so I'm not sure if the changes would have automatically done it or not. I'm not going to temp fate and go back & experiment to find out. php_mysql.dll DOES depend on having libmysql.dll with it to work. I found that out when php_mysql.dll loaded without libmysql.dll, creating another fine error screen in phpMyAdmin. But, from reading a lot of posts around the net, it does seem that the new installs are a lot more automatic than previous versions. You still have to have half an idea of what info to give them though.

I do have an alert in the (working) admin console that says I didn't load the mbstring extension into PHP and that this MAY give me some goofy results in some cases. I'll go back into control panel and change/fix that in PHP and life should be good.

I ran several different hack tests, scans and probes from several different well trusted websites and came up 100% secure on all tests.

I'll be adding relational capability and other features in days and weeks to come, but I'm happy that everything is finally there and locked down tight.

Like I said, it's worth it. I didn't spend a dime on this software and I'll be able to develop my projects in a safe environment.

Man, what an ordeal.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2008 03:16AM by Dale LeBarron.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
September 13, 2005 03:53AM
October 06, 2005 12:37PM
October 06, 2005 12:59PM
November 26, 2005 07:15AM
December 25, 2005 12:13PM
Re: PHP extension=php_mysql.dll not loading; cannot
August 20, 2008 02:50AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.