MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: 1 table, 3 fields, check True/False existence of 1 id therein
Posted by: Jeff Sabarese
Date: October 19, 2005 03:35AM

Felix,

hey, thanks AGAIN for the very useful info.

i have some other tweaking i need to do to this app, but i'm going to take a closer look at what you've proposed. sounds like you have a pretty good idea of where i'm comin' from, and what i'm trying to get out of this.

indeed, before i put this thing out there for "beta-testing" by the guy who i'm designing it for, i will likely do a fair amount of restructuring those tables-- in no small part because of this very thread. i'd rather fix it now and have it be "right". i'm sure you would sympathize w/ that!

;)

SUPPLEMENTAL COMMENTARY, BARELY RELATED TO THREAD TITLE (disclaimer for any readers whose search landed here):
the biggest chunk of my work is probably already complete anyway-- the hashing out of how many and which .php pages i need to ensure that i've covered all the bases, and there exists a proper navigation throughout the different forms, etc.-- any suggests you might have for that, i'd really appreciate. for example, i usually build a "web site" w/ a "main navigation" section, however this thing is so far rather archaic and has no real structure, and certainly no "navigation bar", but i did make a "control.html" page in which each .php page is accessible from that one point, having categorized each page therein by Concerts, Drinks, Artists, Contacts (for each of the tables). again, this is my first try, so i really appreciate all of the help! perhaps particular discourse, should you choose to go beyond the call of duty and offer any help on it, would be better for a Private Message. i dunno. i realize of course if you don't have time to get into details like that. ;)

--Jeff

-- -- -- --
Use CSS [ content:" ?? " ] for Unicode + Control Chars (e.g. newline, etc)... Gain understanding of Codepage, Charset, Encoding, Keymapping... Generate CSS and JavaScript on-the-fly with PHP... Tales from the Communications Dept @ NoviceNotes.Net

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.