MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Seeks Improved Efficency: Redundant Query Data
Posted by: stanley tweedle
Date: May 05, 2013 07:24PM

Readers, here we have an fine illustration of nothing unusual, but a User seeking assistance from a so-called /support community/.

As the author of the thread; he who sought to establish discourse with other PHP programmers, I'd like to express my disappointment in the outcome.

1.) Having spent NO small amount of time in preparation; research concerning where should my query best be placed (eg. Forum Categories; sub-categories, etc.); the subsequent authorship of the query, time spent in formatting with \[ code ] tags/ arrangement for semantic legibility, proofreading, editing, etc., I received a singular response from a user who-- clearly, on investigation of his/ her own HTML resources-- knows very little about /Real World/ PHP (eg. look at the guys HTML-- it is atrocious; an abominable example of /HOW NOT to author MARKUP/.

2.) This is the PHP sub-section of the MySQL community forum. PHP, as we know, is a recursive acronym meaning / Hypertext Preprocessor/. If a respondent is clearly incapabale of authoring his own HTML in an exemplary manner, then-- before attempting to offer advisory-- owes it to him/herself, and the community which he/she attempts to advise, to go-back-to-school and learn how to author HTML markup beyond the archaic approach, apparent in his own work (Eg. the respondent, in attempt to solicit his/ her own media-for-sale, provided a useless reply, to my original post, pointing to a dreadful artifact; HTML soup; something i'd liken to the Markup generated by MM DreamW___ circa v DW 2.x-- sure, it may be HTML v3.0 compliant, but this is a PHP programmers’ forum.

3.) I am flabberghasted by the audacity of the respondent; that he/she believes his/her response is appropriate. Such participation is counter-productive; offensive; a poor reflection upon MySQL; Oracle; this Users’ Community, at large (eg. reflects poorly upon you, the fellow user), and does nothing to encourage my continued participation (hence this reply, a farewell of sorts, for nothing good came of my effort; my seeking help returned nothing) The respondent provided most ambiguous generalities; URL's, off-site to his/her portal feat excerpts from that book he/she is attempting to sell. With great difficulty, one might argue the respondent’s assistance is topic-relevant, but only in the sense that, indeed, his/her book focuses on SQL, and my Initial query concerns use of a MySQL database with PHP. So, from the very start, the respondent is interested in one thing: book sales.
A. Shilling Wares under the Guise of Benevolent Aide : There is nothing more irritating than so-called forum participants who-- so transparent in their methods-- provide nothing but a link to his / her own text; a book he or she is trying to sell. No subjective discourse is engaged-- only a URL, pointing to his/ her private web site which is a portal for his/her book sales.
B. The respondents concern, generic as it is, and not in anyone's interest but his/ her own, clearly took so little time in the examinatin of my query, his/her proposed /solution/ is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand; my query concerns PHP, yet the respondent addresses nothing of PHP but SQL; irrelevant SQL topics (Eg. Normalization, vs. Query building)
C. The respondent goes on to flame-bait, again addressing irrelevant semantics
D. Clearly, the respondent is not qualified (Eg. look at the HTML on the archive at the URL he/she provided in the first reply)

I reported the User for his/her counter-intuitive participation, and flame-bait rhetoric. I do not care what is/ was the outcome of it, but that User is not your friend, clearly. Perhaps, if a discourse of subjugation is established, where his/ her ego is stroked in a manner pleasing to that respondent, perhaps other users-- unlike myself-- have found his/her participation to have some value.

In conclusion, I want to remind the reader: You, and I are NOT obliged to suffer this sort of treatment; to be expected to tolorate flam-bait rhetoric; to patronize; engage discourse with Users whose motives are self-serving.

I encourage the reader, examine this thread; how it did unfold to arrive at this complaint. Read the first repondent (the only respondent: a disappontment; an insult to our intelligence, and hard work as PHP Developers wishing to produce Web Standards compliant applications; semantically relevant markup, etc. [eg., is this the only person who participates in the PHP forum? a User who solicits some of the worst HTML i've ever seen? What happened to this place?]

Readers, if you are experiencing the sort of treatment, anything similar to MY experience: It is YOUR responsibility to complain. Everyone must begin somewhere: New users should not feel threatened; subject to harrassment by the rhetoric of hostile respondents (such as the second response I received in this thread-- the flame-bait response). It's simply NOT worth your time. Look at how much time i've wasted, here, on this issue. Abhorrant; pathetic; irritating; unnerving, and ENCOURAGMENT FOR SEEKING AN ALTERNATIVE SOFTWARE; a more friendly community prepared to engage in educational discourse!

At the first sign; sensation of flame-baiting, report the User. Don't stand for abuse. And leave the community. Find a better place to expend your energy, as you try to learn to better your programming. (Eg. sarcasm; phrases such as /what is ____ ____ ?/, important to identify as a personal attack, typically stand-out from other texts, for such flame-bait attacks are easy to identify: they do not address the technical specifics, unique to the Programming language; topic at hand)

Regards. Good luck, readers.

Sincerely, disappointed.

user is Author of NoviceNotes.Net

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2013 07:26PM by stanley tweedle.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.