Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: PHP :: Moving a MySQL row up through the stack...

Advanced Search

Moving a MySQL row up through the stack...
Posted by: Eric Sepich ()
Date: June 26, 2013 10:24PM

I have a table like this:
title,iconpath,bannerurl,summary,headerstitle,headers,backurl,forwardurl,torder,thisurl,slidescol
Education,images/iconeducation.png,images/slideeducationbanner.png,placesummaryhere,theaders,one;two;three,,slides.fastcash.php,1,slides.education.php,1
"Fast Cash",images/slides.fastcash.png,images/banner.fastcash.png,placesummaryhere,theaders,one;two;three,slides.education.php,slides.creditcards.php,2,slides.fashcash.php,2
"Credit Cards",images/slides.creditcards.png,images/banner.creditcards.png,placesummaryhere,theaders,one;two;three,slides.creditcards.php,slides.creditcards.php,3,slides.creditcards.php,3
"Government Aid",images/slides.governmentaid.png,images/banner.governmentaid.png,placesummaryhere,theaders,one;two;three,slides.governmentaid.php,slides.bankrupcy.php,4,slides.bankrupcy.php,4

I am looking for a way either by way of a MySQL query or through PHP to move an item up through the stack. For instance I may want torder 3 to become 2 and then renumber all the other torders to correspond to three moving to torder 2. The array I am ordering by torder so that my data grid view populates in the right ascending torder.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Moving a MySQL row up through the stack... Eric Sepich 06/26/2013 10:24PM
Re: Moving a MySQL row up through the stack... Peter Brawley 06/26/2013 11:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.