MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Newby needs some help - collation/charset ?
Posted by: Marvin Miller
Date: December 22, 2013 04:04PM

It being 'a bit beyond me' was a poor choice of words. In fact, I read the whole page. What's interesting, and certainly a testimony to your efforts, was just how much of it I could understand. I walked away from it with a surprising understanding of what you were saying and how it relates to the dB.

For me, the dB has always been a means to an end in a project. ie, if I want to run a forum, you need a dB. If I want an e-commerce site, a dB. I've done several projects like that and in each case I've learned more about dB's. I find them interesting, especially that they can be 'hot rodded' for performance and I like the logical nature and strict design rules for enforcing data integrity.

My biggest regret is that I never have enough traffic on the web site to truly nail my dB virtual machine and see how it performs.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Newby needs some help - collation/charset ?
December 22, 2013 04:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.