MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

PHP / MySQL advice
Posted by: Mark Porter
Date: August 06, 2014 04:02AM

Posted by mark Parker | Date Posted: 2014-08-03 19:43:02

Database design / PHP advice

Hi all. I'm developing a student property website and would appreciate some advice with the database design as well as how I should go about producing the required server behaviour. I'm using Dreamweaver CS6 (PHP, MySQL).

Users need to be able to search for properties and then be able to sign up for one of the rooms within one of the properties (e.g. one room in a house with 5 rooms). The availability needs to be able to dynamically update on the listings page and also let the user complete a standing order for payment with an email confirmation being sent out one complete.

The main issue I'm having is working out how i link each user to the property or room they have signed up for, in terms of how i should design the tables and how i link the user (via session variables? foreign key?). The admin has to be able to remove users and add, update, or delete property listings including images (BLOB or filepath?)

Any advice would be appreacited.

Many Thanks
Mark

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
PHP / MySQL advice
August 06, 2014 04:02AM
August 06, 2014 11:15AM
August 22, 2014 09:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.