MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

php mysql problem
Posted by: louie casimero
Date: January 08, 2006 08:26PM

Hi guys.. I have here a script which is a simple database query..

<?
include("includes/connect.php");

$sql="select clientname from courtcase";
//echo $sql."<br>";
$sql_result=@mysql_query($sql);
//while($row=@mysql_fetch_array($sql_result)){
$row=@mysql_fetch_array($sql_result);
@mysql_free_result($row);
echo $row['clientname']."<br>";

?>

in my database I have 1.3 million records.. what I want to do is to return all the names in the table (which is courtcase). Doing the same thing in a database containing less records is doable but this is not the same with my database conatining more... why is this so?? I know mysql can hold up to alot more than 1.3 Million records.. I tested the query on to an upgraded pc with more resources and better memory management but the same thing happens.. so waht do you think is the problem, the query?, the code?, hardware?, softawre?, or is there something that I need to do first before scripting this.. i.e. setting up mysql?? by the I'm usiong pentium 3 with 256 ram, apache 2, mysql 4.1 and php 4.3.8.. pls anyone help?? I've been cracking my brains on this problem but to no avail... tnx in advance..

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
php mysql problem
January 08, 2006 08:26PM
January 09, 2006 04:35AM
January 10, 2006 06:26PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.