MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Unbelievably slow uploads and mass-deletes
Posted by: Dan Smith
Date: May 30, 2015 04:29PM

Hi, I have Joomgallery set up with PHP on my Ubuntu Linux server and the drag-and-drop uploads feature with Joomgallery result in extremely slow file uploads and mass-deletes (when my transfers are sometimes interrupted).

I'm currently using the out-of-the-box my.cnf settings and find that this is just too impractical for my use. I would like to know if there's any expert out there who can tell me what the recommended settings should be for a Linux server running Joomgallery that has 500 images per gallery, with 70 galleries currently being worked on.

When I upload 1 image, it takes a good 3-5 seconds for each file, and this is simply unacceptable. When I delete files or perform a mass-delete of all of the files in a gallery, I can go away and get a coffee and come back and it will still be deleting.

I tried tweaking some of the settings that I found on the Internet, but nothing seemed to work for me. I kept getting error messages and sometimes mysql would not even run because once the service had been stopped, it would not restart, so I went back to the o-o-t-b config file. I would say my gallery system is fairly large and Joomgallery re-creates the original file plus an intermediate sized file, plus a thumbnail.

I would appreciate if anyone out there has any advice on how I should tweak the settings in my.cnf file. I have a custom-made 386 system with 4 gigs of RAM and the latest version of Ubuntu (May 2015).

Extremely frustrated and at about my wit's end.

Thank you,
Dan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unbelievably slow uploads and mass-deletes
May 30, 2015 04:29PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.