MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Automating LOAD DATA INFILE with data collected regularly on an other system (Windows)
Posted by: Les Dee
Date: October 08, 2015 12:15PM

I think I am nearly there.

It turned out that the people hosting my web site do not allow LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE so I now have a job running on the remote system which regularly uploads any new batches (uniquely named with date/time).

On the web site I have a php routine which is kicked off via a cron job at regular intervals scanning for received files.

Each such file is then processed by running a LOAD DATA INFILE command for the file.

I have the basic code working but I have a couple of issues with logging the output when the table update is successful.

For testing, I run the mysql command interactively and it shows a message confirming the number of records that have been processed.

When running the command in php using shell_exec I redirect errout so I can read back the errors, but I can't find a way to get hold of the confirmation messages.

I am running in shell_exec something like:

mysql -u user --password=xyz databasename < sqldata.csv 2> errout.txt

I have tried to redirect stdout but the file is always empty.

I have also assigned in php the output of shell_exec to a variable but that too is empty.

So how do I get hold of the confirmation messages.

Also, errout always has the line 'Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.' in it. Is there some way to stop that - I would much prefer an empty errout file if there are no errors.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.