MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Trouble Updating Table with Multiple Rows with Different Values
Posted by: Becca Duran
Date: October 15, 2015 08:41AM

I have two tables product and order_product. Each contain a number of columns as follows:

product: product_id, name, price
order_product: order_product_id, order_id, product_id, name, quantity, price, total

When the table product updates the "price" column I need the order_product table to update the price and then update the total to reflect the new price.

I have successfully written a code to update the "price" column in the table order_product; however, I am having issues updating the total. Any help would be appreciated.

The $product_id variable has already been declared earlier in the function. The $order_product_id has not. I know that "$result->row" only selects the first row; however if I exchange that for "$result->rows" I receive an "Undefined index" error. So, not sure what to do about that.

//Update Order_Product Price**This Works//
$product_qry = $this->db->query("SELECT price FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "product WHERE product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
$new_price = $product_qry->row['price'];
$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "order_product SET price = '" . $new_price . "' WHERE product_id = '" . (int)$product_id ."'");

//Update Order_Product Total**This Doesn't Work//
$order_product_id_qry = $this->db->query("SELECT order_product_id FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "order_product");
$order_product_id = $order_product_id_qry->row['order_product_id'];
$order_qry = $this->db->query("SELECT quantity FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "order_product WHERE order_product_id = '" . (int)$order_product_id . "'");
$product_quantity = $order_qry->row['quantity'];
$new_total = $product_quantity * $new_price;
$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "order_product SET total = '" . $new_total . "' WHERE order_product_id = '" . (int)$order_product_id . "'");

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Trouble Updating Table with Multiple Rows with Different Values
October 15, 2015 08:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.