MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Voting thing
Posted by: Jack Gallagher
Date: March 10, 2006 03:54PM

Im some what of a newbie to php and mysql, I know the basics and can do a handful of stuff but some things are a little to complicated which leads me into this:

I am building this new site and it has been working great it is almost up and running, one thing tht is giving me trouble is this voting thing.
It is made so each user can vote once and change their vote at anytime, onece they vote the name of the person they voted for (I neglected to mention this is an election voting thing) in a field called vote in the user table and that part is now working. The thing now is tallying the votes. Im setting it up for the voting to open at a time and end at a time each month I think I can set that part up with a cron job and flush the votes each month also with the cronjob but before that I need a way to tally the votes. I think I remember reading about a command or something similar to having it select the choice from the user table from every user in the same group and calculate who has the most votes sort of like a mode? something like that. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Voting thing
March 10, 2006 03:54PM
March 10, 2006 06:33PM
March 10, 2006 06:43PM
March 10, 2006 07:05PM
March 10, 2006 07:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.