MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl2 and MySQL 5.0 work slow, why?
Posted by: Alberto Trujillo
Date: April 07, 2006 05:42PM

Hello everybody:

I'm working with Apache 2.0, PHP 5, MySQL 5.0, and phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl2.

Everything is ok while I don't use the MySQL, but once I try to use it everything turn really slow. The query results are really slow and this is causing some problems with phpMyAdmin. Each time I use it I only see the right menu and not the main screen, or viceversa, or nothing at all.

I follow the next tutorial (spanish tutorial)
"http://www.maestrosdelweb.com/editorial/phpmysqlap/";

so my directory structure is the same one that you can see over there. Everythings was working properly with MySQL 4.0, after I update to MySQL 4.1 and the queries were a lite bit slower but acceptable, then I updated to MySQL 5.0 and everything turn to a very slow speed.

I haven't configured the my.cnf file because doesn't say anything about in the tutorial and because I don't know how to do it. I will apreciate help if I have to do it.

This is all, if someone knows why my queries are that slow and can help me I will be very pleasant.

Other details, I'm running windows XP with 512Mb, and it was full update yesterday.

Thank you very much.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl2 and MySQL 5.0 work slow, why?
April 07, 2006 05:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.