MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

php 5.1.3 (also 5.1.4) ./configure errors with -lmysqlclient
Posted by: Nicholas Poole
Date: May 08, 2006 10:22AM

Hi,
I've been searching all day through all the reasources i can find for a pointer in the right direction. I've just started a clean install of my LAMP system, and got to PHP. On ./configure it goes through all the normal processes untill it reaches the -lmysqladmin line, where it kicks out with the error "configure: error: wrong mysql library version or lib not found. Check config.log for more information.". This all worked fine last time round, only a few weeks before using PHP 5.1.2. (I had other issues that needed me to start over).

I was wondering if anyone could show me the obious misstake i'm making. All the relivant code is as is below:

----configure script----
../configure \
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/www/bin/apxs \
--with-mysql \
--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config \
--enable-ftp \
--enable-trans-sid \
--enable-soap

----congigure error----
checking for MySQLi support... yes
checking whether to enable embedded MySQLi support... no
checking for mysql_set_server_option in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: wrong mysql library version or lib not found. Check config.log for more information.

----relivant part of config.log----
configure:59443: checking for MySQLi support
configure:59489: checking whether to enable embedded MySQLi support
configure:59635: checking for mysql_set_server_option in -lmysqlclient
configure:59654: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/include -g -O2 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/mysql -L/usr/lib/mysql -L/usr/lib -lmysqlclient -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lresolv -lresolv conftest.c -lmysqlclient -lresolv -lm -ldl -lnsl -lxml2 -lz -lm -lxml2 -lz -lm 1>&5
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(ssl.o):(.gnu.linkonce.d.__vt_Q25yaSSL7Message+0x8): undefined reference to `__pure_virtual'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(ssl.o):(.gnu.linkonce.d.__vt_Q25yaSSL7Message+0xc): undefined reference to `__pure_virtual'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(ssl.o):(.gnu.linkonce.d.__vt_Q25yaSSL7Message+0x10): undefined reference to `__pure_virtual'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(ssl.o):(.gnu.linkonce.d.__vt_Q25yaSSL7Message+0x14): undefined reference to `__pure_virtual'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(ssl.o):(.gnu.linkonce.d.__vt_Q25yaSSL7Message+0x18): undefined reference to `__pure_virtual'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(cert_wrapper.o): In function `yaSSL::x509::~x509(void)':
(.text+0x57): undefined reference to `__builtin_delete'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(cert_wrapper.o): In function `yaSSL::CertManager::~CertManager(void)':
(.text+0x2ad): undefined reference to `__builtin_delete'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(template_instnt.o): In function `mySTL::list<yaSSL::SSL_SESSION *>::~list(void)':
It contiues like this for a sizable chunk of text more.

Thanks
NickPoole

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.