MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

How to migrate SQL Server to MySQL...
Posted by: Tony Anecito
Date: May 31, 2012 01:02PM

Hi All,

Yes I am another newbe to MySQL (sigh) and I have hopefully a simple problem.
How does one migrate a SQL Server 2012 database to the latest MySQL? I tried the lastest workbench and it seemed unable to connect to SQL Server. Then I tried an archived version (1.1) that is supposed to work and it does mention SQL Server as a source but requires some driver that no longer exists (at least 1.2) and when I do find the latest and change the jar name ti accepts it but can not connect to MySQL since for some reason it wants it even though the first screen was the source not the destination database.
I also tried to take some SQL fro creating the database and get the when using the scripts menu item off of workbench stating ti might not be for regular SQL Scripts.
Most of the documentation on the web or here seems out of date or not detailed enough to be able to follow step by step a migration from SQL Server to MySQL.

Thanks for the help!
-Tony

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How to migrate SQL Server to MySQL...
May 31, 2012 01:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.