MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Sybase

Help dividing two values from different tables.
Posted by: angelo antonio
Date: July 14, 2007 06:56AM

Hi, I am completly new in ASP , but, due the necessity of the production in the company I work, I need
urgently to learn do deal with scripts and SQL.

I did a script that shows on the production screen the consume tax of the gas instantly on time and it

worked. Now I have to do a table formed by the DIVISION of a valor V from one table by the valor V in

another table, mas the values must be taken at the same time do give me the gas consumed by ton produced.

Explaining in details:

I have two tabels:

1 - PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas
2 - PDE#HD#SpeedCurves#Productivity

Inside each of these tables, there are two columms with the same name for both -> V, T. The V columm of the

table PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas gives me the cas consumed and the V table of

PDE#HD#SpeedCurves#Productivity the productivity. The V1/V2 graph must be ploted in a 24 hours period. What

happens is that if I do it for 24 houres, I mean, 1 day, the graph is ploted completly wrong in time! If I

do the same thing, but using only one columm, not the division by another, it works! Why this is happening ?

What is wrong with the following script ?? I need to know the answer for this as fast as possible! If you

need more details, I will give.

The script:

DayForm = Request.Form("D1")

Dim hoje
Dim dia

If DayForm = "" OR DayForm = 0 Then hoje = true

If hoje Then _
Set rs = conn.Execute("SELECT

convert(varchar,PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas.T,108),(PDE#HD#Consumption
#RP_Consumption_Gas.V/PDE#HD#SpeedCurves#Productivity.V) As Consumo FROM

PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas INNER JOIN PDE#HD#SpeedCurves#Productivity ON

PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas.T = PDE#HD#SpeedCurves#Productivity.T WHERE

PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas.T > DATEADD(dd, -1, GetDate()) ORDER BY

PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas.T") _
Else _
Set rs = conn.Execute("SELECT

convert(varchar,PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas.T,108),(PDE#HD#Consumption
#RP_Consumption_Gas.V/PDE#HD#SpeedCurves#Productivity.V) As Consumo FROM

PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas INNER JOIN PDE#HD#SpeedCurves#Productivity ON

PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas.T = PDE#HD#SpeedCurves#Productivity.T WHERE

PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas.T > convert(date, DATEADD(dd, " & DayForm & ", GetDate())) AND

PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas.T < convert(date, DATEADD(dd, " & DayForm+1 & ", GetDate())) ORDER BY

PDE#HD#Consumption#RP_Consumption_Gas.T ")

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Help dividing two values from different tables.
July 14, 2007 06:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.