MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Record Locking??
Posted by: Jessica Douglas
Date: April 20, 2011 07:07PM

I had a simple, single table, database that I converted from MS Access 2007 to MySQL. It was working fantastically. It currently has just over 15,000 records, so not huge compared to some.

I've noticed a strange issue lately. When I change a record, another user is able to see my changes but when they try to make changes of their own, Access behaves as though I JUST made the changes. It says that changes have been made to the record since it was opened and offers to Save (grayed out), Copy or Drop changes. The other user is not able to save any changes, days or even weeks after I've made changes.

I'd expect it to behave the same for me when I go back to try to make changes but I don't experience it.

I have tried copying the database from my computer to the other user's machine, reconnecting the table in Access, reinstalling the ODBC connector, repairing the install of Office 2007 Pro, copying the MySQL database to a new database, running "UNLOCK TABLES" I am out of ideas. Please help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Record Locking??
April 20, 2011 07:07PM
July 13, 2011 07:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.