MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: Using Microsoft Access as a Front-end to MySQL
Posted by: NEIL BAILEY
Date: June 09, 2009 04:02PM

Hello

I've been using MS Access 2003 as a front-end for MySQL 5.0.21 for a couple of years using the MYSQL/ODBC 3.51 driver. This worked fine until I made a change to a MySQL view by adding a column to it. After deleting the link in MS Access and attempting to re-link to the view, the new column doesn't show on the list of available columns. However, by writing a pass-through query to SELECT * from the view, all the columns are returned. A workaround of sorts but a bit clumsy.

So, as alternative I downloaded the MYSQL/ODBC 5.1 driver to see whether the problem was driver-based. Unfortunately, this has resulted in an entirely different problem whereby any linked tables that contain non-numeric data cannot be opened in datasheet view in MS Access.

Has anybody else encountered either of these problems and resolved them? If so, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.