MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Access to MySql - is it simple?
Posted by: Jim Dixon
Date: February 20, 2005 05:28PM

I have a MSAccess database. I have space on a Host that has MySql installed (a generic hosting plan with all the bells and whistles). I have a great deal of HTML, CGI, and some PHP behind me.

I want to be able to:

[1]- Update the Access files locally on an IntrAnet and on a click by an Admin, update selected Fields on the Web MySql database. I need clients to have access to just data relative to them. For example, assume Widgets has a Client list which includes purchases by clients - this is all in Access. Assume 50 clients each with 50 fields of data in the Access file.

[2] - Assume I want only 25 fields to update on demand. I want the client to use their web browser, and using pre-set ID and password, accesses a web site that displays the 25 fields to them (their purchases) and selective Query, not other clients. Each client sees only their own data. The client may not update the data. They can only view it and Query it.

I'm assuming I need MySql set up to match the MSAccess fields Yes/No?
I pray :) there is a program that will do this and interface tween Access and MySql and a PHP to access the database on the web.

Am I on the right track? Am I even in the right place?

TIA

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Access to MySql - is it simple?
February 20, 2005 05:28PM
September 07, 2005 12:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.