MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Basic Help with MySQL Tables & Access?
Posted by: S. Cram
Date: February 27, 2005 08:13PM

I am new to SQL and Access, and have a couple of basic questions. I couldn't find the answers in the forum records, so if it's been asked before, excuse me.

I have a MySQL database in a "canned" system that my clients use for record keeping. They want a variety of reports out of the system that are not currently available. I have found SQL to be cumbersome for reporting and would like to try using Access.

When I asked the developer for the name and location of the db, he gave me the folder name but nothing more specific. When I asked about using Access for reports, he said "you'll need to install the MyODBC package ... to allow you to make table links from Access to the MySQL tables".

I have downloaded "MyODBC-3.51.1-1-win.exe" and "MyODBC-3.51.11-1-win.msi" but have no idea what to do next. I haven't found any instructions for installing MyODBC, or how to run it when it is installed. And I don't know the name or file extension of my database.

Can someone help me get started? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Basic Help with MySQL Tables & Access?
February 27, 2005 08:13PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.