MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Connecting to a MySQL database on a Web server
Posted by: John Johnston
Date: March 31, 2005 07:47AM

I'm developing a Calendar of Events database for a Web site. Visitors to the Web site would use an online form to submit calendar items. Then, I would load recent changes to the database into Access 2000, do some edits, and insert the results into another table in the database. The editing stage has to be done because some events occur on more than one day.

Using some information from my Web host (Pair Networks) and on CPAN's page on DBI, I wrote a Perl script to insert the visitor-entered data into a table. All this data is text. The script fetches and inserts the current date, to enable me to select the most recently added items for editing.

I want to use Access 2000 to connect to the database, because that seems the simplest way of editing the table's contents. If Access is on my Win2K machine, and MySQL is on my Web server, how do I set up the connection? I'm assuming this would be a DSN-less connection, since I don't have MySQL on my Win2K machine and I don't have administrator rights to add the MySQL driver. Any help would be great.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Connecting to a MySQL database on a Web server
March 31, 2005 07:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.