MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: convert Access db to Mysql how to
Posted by: lee Green
Date: October 30, 2008 08:12AM

Thanks Jay, I do understand most of what you’re saying. This is my situation. I developing an ecommerce site and have a MS Access db which I need to convert to MySql before I post the site. I have some Data in the database for the purpose of development and would like to keep it because it could be used. I’m new to both the data basing and web development…but making good progress, I am a “graphic artist” OG and this maybe a career change move for me so I need to learn and do this myself.
One question. I’m been steered toward Mysql, & Navicat this process would be simple once all the soft and db drivers and the drivers are running on the system one booted up. By the way this is on my local machine home system; ColdFusion 8 is what I’m using to connect to the access db for development. Don’t know your level but am I on the right track and any information you can provide me will be greatly helpful and appreciated thank you! 

LEE T. GREEN
GALLO WINE SALES, INC
emailto: lee.green@gallowinenj.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
October 29, 2008 06:47AM
October 29, 2008 09:01AM
Re: convert Access db to Mysql how to
October 30, 2008 08:12AM
November 02, 2008 07:30AM
November 06, 2008 09:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.