MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Connecting to MySQL from Access
Posted by: Jonathan Carroll
Date: December 30, 2009 07:59PM

I have an Access 2003 database that I have been using for about a year. I want to put the data online so I can run the Access front end from multiple locations. I have a hosting account with GoDaddy and they support databases so I decided to go with MySQL as it is free. I have no experience with MySQL.

I have successfully installed MySQL locally and imported the data and got Access to connect to it. Now I have installed a MySQL DB on GoDaddy, enabled off-site access, and created an ODBC connection which successfully connects.

1) When I Attempt to use the linked table manager to update the connection to the new ODBC connection, I immediately get the error: ODBC--Call failed. Any ideas on how to correct this or why this is happening?

2) Once we get this working, is there an easy way (or programmatic way) to create the ODBC connection on new computers so they will easily find the new online data source?

One last tidbit: I am pretty sharp but I am new to MySQL, so as I am reading other posts about running dumps, and getting error logs, I realize I do not know where these reside or how to get them so if someone needs this, directions on how to obtain this info for you would be appreciated thanks (and sorry)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Connecting to MySQL from Access
December 30, 2009 07:59PM
December 30, 2009 08:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.