MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: DAO/Access2k/MySQL5 rs.addnew #DELETED#
Posted by: Jake Yazici
Date: July 13, 2005 12:28PM

Mark,

First, thank you for the reply. I'm really looking forward to using MySQL5 over any of the other commerical and non-commercial options. If the platform performs well, I will be convincing my management into purchasing MySQL AB professional support... because it is -that- cool!

I've downloaded and installed MDAC 2.8 libs and changed the VBA references my test MDB app to point to ADO 2.8. In the MDB, I've dropped and re-linked the tables to the MySQL tables.

The problem continues to persist. The record is inserted, and fields are even properly updated, however, the auto_inc PK value is not refreshed and returned.

Could the problem be Access 2000? Have you heard of success using a later versions that use the same connection scenario?

-Jake

"I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies." - C. A. R. Hoare

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: DAO/Access2k/MySQL5 rs.addnew #DELETED#
July 13, 2005 12:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.