MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Advice needed for a complete database novice!!
Posted by: Alice Pichel
Date: February 11, 2010 06:34AM

I need someone to tell me about databases in the simplest of ways, no technical speak please that I do not understand. I have searched the internet for my answer and although I am an intelligent person unless you understand database language you cannot make head not tail on what is being said.
I am reviewing our current database (ACT) and deciding whether to upgrade or start a fresh with My-sql. I have had a quote from someone about setting up with me a my-sql database that I can then update and manage myself but my confusion comes with the 'front-end' what the users are going to see. At the moment ACT has a nice user screen, easy on the eye, easy to update and easy to read data from but I gather that My-sql is just the part behind the scenes and not what users see. What is a good user application that can work with a my-sql database?
Do you buy it and it is already in a pre-determined format? or do you design it? Plain and simple please!! Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Advice needed for a complete database novice!!
February 11, 2010 06:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.