MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

VMWARE/WINDOWS/MS-Access front end to MySQL on MAC
Posted by: James Pickens
Date: February 16, 2010 06:16AM

I am trying a build an environment for supporting a dynamic web development environment on a MAC. I installed on my MAC this February MySQL, PHP, and Apache using XAMMP and I am running the latest versions. I took all the defaults when installing. I purchased and installed Dreamweaver on my MAC. I have also installed VMWARE, Windows 7 and MS-Access.

I have several questions that I am hoping someone in the group can help me with.

1. I want to access MySQL from MS-Access running under Windows 7/VMWARE. I have installed an ODBC driver set for MySQL on VMWARE/Windows but I cannot figure out how to make MySQL visible to VMWARE/WINDOWS so that I can connect to it. I have searched for hours on the boards trying to figure this out.

2. Is there an equivalent product to MS-Access on MAC? I am a long time user of MS-Access and would like to retain it or something like it.

Any help, especially on number 1, would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
VMWARE/WINDOWS/MS-Access front end to MySQL on MAC
February 16, 2010 06:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.