MSAccess Error: "This record has been changed by another user..." when updating fields with same value
Since we have spent A LOT of time trying to solve this same issue (this thread title is an exact copy of a previous thread from 2008) I would like to make other developers life a bit easier by confirming that the solution at the very end of the referenced thread
(which effectively is the same thing
indeed also solved the problem for us, when NONE of the other solutions before worked. And we have tried pretty much everything else from that post and above, i.e.
- yes, we have set "return matching rows"
- we have "timestamp" columns
- timestamp was later than 1970 (i.e. was 2012)
Hope this "double post" helps someone else, and if it only saves them an hour ...