MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Replicable Database Problem/Fix
Posted by: Cameron Lamont
Date: November 19, 2005 02:46AM

I have been unable to migrate my Access 2003 database - reason being that it is a 'replicable' database (containing additional *system* fields e.g. s_GUID, s_Generation)

Migration Toolkit would construct new schema and tables but fail to move the data across.

I was able to modify the ReverseEngineeringAccess class to ignore fields prefixed with 's_' - a nicer way would be to check for the 'system'ness of a field.

(If anyone would like the source I can provide it, it is pretty straight forward.)

Another issue I have encountered is with Foreign Key/Relationship migration. Whether this is replication related I am unsure but all foreign key info seems to be lost during migration with this same database. I have examined the source for the foreign key reverse engineering which seems reasonble (and roughly equivalent to the Oracle version). Failing this I will have to create the keys again manually.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Replicable Database Problem/Fix
November 19, 2005 02:46AM
November 23, 2005 04:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.