MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Btrieve API style access
Posted by: russell jones
Date: July 30, 2007 04:07AM

I'm working on a project to upgrade an application that currently uses Btrieve API access to MySQL.

The Btrieve API as implemented here allows the user to define 'Keys' which are groups of fields and then find the first record that matches this given criteria. Once the first record is retrieved you then have the option of doing findNext to retrieve the next record that matches. the initial criteria

I've been told that one of the DB engines supported by MySQL supports this kind of access but i can't find any info about it on the net.

Is there a way of doing this or an extension that will let me get the Nth record that matches a certain criteria so that I can create something similar.

We don't have time to fully switch the entire application from its current state to use a new DB and convert to SQL during the same release.

Thanks for any pointers anyone can give me

Russell

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Btrieve API style access
July 30, 2007 04:07AM
August 17, 2007 11:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.