MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

HELP! DB migration from mysql 4.0.x to 4.1. charset problem!
Posted by: Chris .
Date: October 21, 2007 01:59AM

Hello,
I decided to move my database from mysql 4.0.x to 4.1.x. and now I have problem with proper displaying characters in phpmyadmin. (on my webpage everything is displayed correct) But this is not the only problem I have got. When I want to search for a product which contains characters coded in latin2 it doesn’t work… (I have made mysqldump -aA --opt -Q > upgrade.sql and imported it with source command from mysql client)
Could you please advise me how to configure mysql and/or how to set up phpmyadmin to achieve good result? – i would like to have the same result which i had before moving to mysql 4.1.

I have spent all day for browsing many forums ... without any result ( I am not interested in setting SET NAMES latin2 before any mysql_connection or querry)...

I need step by step guide how to perform successful migration/import from mysql 4.0.x to 4.1.x database.. [what charsets option should i place in my.cnf and so on.]

Could you please advice me on this matter ?

I am sure that somebody had similar problem as I have now...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
HELP! DB migration from mysql 4.0.x to 4.1. charset problem!
October 21, 2007 01:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.