MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Jobs

Urgently Need a MySQL Teacher
Posted by: Casey Wigginton
Date: July 16, 2014 07:48PM

We are looking to hire a full time, classroom teacher to teach high school students database administration and basic programming in Athens, Alabama. We've gotten a grant to implement this program as an expansion to our existing IT/Networking pathway.

The job was posted to take applicants, and we had over 40 applications received locally however none had any knowledge of database administration. So now, the position has been re-posted and we are looking for qualified database administrators. To be qualified for this position you may:
- Hold a bachelor's degree in programming/database administration/some relevant IT field
OR
- Hold an associate's degree in an IT field and have 3 years work experience
OR
- Have no degree and 7 years work experience in a relevant field

This is an Alabama public vocational school that serves students from 6 different high schools in Limestone County. The starting salary is just over $36,000 with annual raises and teacher benefits. There are 187 work days each year. Two months off for summer, a week off for Fall break, another week for Spring Break, 3 days for Thanksgiving, and 2 weeks for Christmas as well as the other normal holidays. One of the responsibilities will be to help high school students achieve MySQL certification.

The teacher chosen will be equipped with a computer lab, 15 new desktop computers, a smart/interactive board to project your teacher computer on, and about $50,000 in grant money to spend on turning the classroom into something special for high school students interested in programming or database administration. Here is a list of the courses that will be taught in sequence. Each is 1 semester long:

- Computer Management and Support - Essentially a class on basic computer principles
- Software Development - Basically a C++ class
- Java Programming
- Database Design 1
- Database Design 2
- Database Design 3

If you are interested, or if you have any questions about the position, please email me at casey.wigginton@gmail.com or call me at 256-497-1349. I am not an administrator and do not make any hiring decisions. I'm the pre-engineering teacher at the school and just trying to help find qualified candidates so the students have the best opportunity at success. Thanks for your time!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Urgently Need a MySQL Teacher
July 16, 2014 07:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.