MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Jobs

Senior MYSQL DBA Role in Palo Alto, CA
Posted by: Kim Moritz
Date: August 23, 2007 10:20PM

Hello- This is my first time using this forum but thought it might help me find a great MYSQL DBA for a dynamic company in Palo Alto that hires the smartest and most passionate people they can find!

Sound like you?

How about a company that values efficiency, simplicity, and working smart?

Interested in working for a growing technology company with lots of energy and excitement?
If this sounds like you and you are a MY SQL DBA we would like to see your resume!
This is a full time Direct hire role for our company based in Palo Alto. Excellent Salary and benefits that include 21 days (thats 4+ weeks!) vacation and 2 floating holidays as well as 2 meals a day catered every day!

Salary to 120k as well as agressive stock options and excellent benefits!

Responsibilities:

-Managing MySQL in production/QA/dev environment including installation, configuration, backup, recovery, upgrades and schema changes, etc.
-Quickly diagnose server problems and employ preventive measures to maintain high availability servers
-Assistance in database daily operation
-Assistance in developing MySQL tools using PHP/Perl
-Estimating project duration, effort, resource load and cost
-Creating processes to ensure data integrity and identify potential data errors

Requirements:
-Proficient in SQL and scripting languages (PHP, Perl)
- Strong Experience with MYSQL Database Administration
Performance tuning experience
-Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other staff members, to complete short and long-term projects
-Experience with replication a plus
-Oracle experience a plus
-large corporate experience a huge plus!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Senior MYSQL DBA Role in Palo Alto, CA
August 23, 2007 10:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.