Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: Jobs :: MySQL Database Consultants - Career Opportunities - Oracle Corp!

Advanced Search

MySQL Database Consultants - Career Opportunities - Oracle Corp!
Posted by: mc didone ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:39AM

Career Opportunities – MySQL Database Consultants!

We are searching for MySQL Database consultants. We have immediate headcount and approval to hire.

If you would like to be considered, please complete and return the attached questionnaire with a word document version of your resume with full contact details, saved backwards compatible or PDF file format to mc.didone@oracle.com

I cannot open docx files – please make sure you send your credentials saved backwards compatible or PDF file format.

Minimum Qualifications:
· 5+ year’s database development experience working with with schema design, database programming, stored procedures and database performance tuning, especially for complex queries.
· Deep understanding of MySQL, Oracle and/or MS SQL Server
· Experience in writing stored procedures, triggers and functions in multiple development environments (Linux , Windows, Solaris, UNIX)
· Language skills: C/C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python
· Experience with connectors: JDBC and ODBC
· Strong problem solving skills with an eye for the big-picture and capable of delving into details when required. Must be creative; be able to develop new simple approaches to complex design problems.
· Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and have a flexible positive attitude.
· Must be an experienced, motivated, self-starter who is willing to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Significant travel could be required, upwards of 60-80%.

Desirable Qualifications:
· MySQL DBA, MySQL Developer and MySQL Cluster Certifications
· 3+ years of MySQL production operational and architectural expertise
· Expertise with in-memory databases and other high-performance alternatives.
· Experience with other DBMS including Oracle RAC, Sybase, Informix, PostgreSQL, Times Ten is a plus.
· Experience with application and web servers such as WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Apache Tomcat.
· Working knowledge of J2EE/LAMP stacks (EJB, JSP, ASP, Servlets, JNDI, XML/XSL) to implement a distributed n-tier object system.
· Object-oriented analysis & design skills.
· Experience with setting up various replication and clustering schemes.
· Experience with data modeling.
· Project management skills.
· Development experience under Windows, Linux, Solaris, UNIX.
· Must have excellent communication skills
· Must be willing and able to travel up to 100% (candidate can reside anywhere in the US or Canada)

Please forward this information to anyone you feel might be interested. I appreciate any and all referrals.

Please link to me at www.linkedin.com so we can stay in touch for future opportunities. http://www.linkedin.com/in/mcdidone

Regards,

MC

MC Didone
Executive / Technical Recruiter
Oracle Corporation
mc.didone@oracle.com

To stay in touch and hear about Oracle career opportunities first, become a part of my network: Link to me on LinkedIn.com - http://www.linkedin.com/in/mcdidone

Follow me on twitter.com - http://twitter.com/mcdidone

As part of Oracle's U.S. employment process, candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include: Prior Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Social Security Trace. Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
MySQL Database Consultants - Career Opportunities - Oracle Corp! mc didone 10/25/2010 10:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.