MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Triggers

DROP TRIGGER failing ; says table doesn't exist when it does
Posted by: Jérémy Lecour
Date: November 25, 2011 05:35AM

Hi,

I'm using a utility that help altering the schema on very big tables. It's called Large Hadron Migrator (written in Ruby, for Rails applications) and is available here : https://github.com/soundcloud/large-hadron-migrator

At the end of its process, it is cleaning the triggers that it created, but it fails with an error like "Mysql::Error: Table 'dbadmin_development.lhmo_2011_11_25_11_01_26_3N_prices' doesn't exist: drop trigger if exists `after_insert_prices`"

The table "lhmo_2011_11_25_11_01_26_3N_prices" existsin the "dbadmin_development" database, I can query it.

I can see the triggers with a "SHOW TRIGGERS" and the table name is the right one.

Executing a command like "DROP TRIGGER after_update_prices;" directly in the SQL console gives me the same error (which might exclude the LHM from the suspects).

I've also checked that the user executing the queries has the right permissions ; he's root with all privileges.

I'm using MySQL 5.5.14 (installed with Homebrew) on Mac OS X 10.6

I've not found anything about this kind of issue.
Thanks for any help

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
DROP TRIGGER failing ; says table doesn't exist when it does
November 25, 2011 05:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.