MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Table Structure question
Posted by: Chris Farrugia
Date: May 20, 2007 01:11PM

Greetings:

I am volunteering to set up a contact management system for my real estate office to try and help out some of the agents. I wanted to run this by you before I start plugging away.

My thoughts are, I would have a table for the agents. The primary key would be an ID field and their information would be stored in the table.

Then, I'd have a table for buyer clients. Addresses, phone numbers, etc. There would be a field with agent_id so that we could see which buyers belong to which agents.

Then, a table for seller clients. Same story...

I'd have a table of notes so that agents could write notes down about buyers and sellers and be able to see those as well. agent_id, client_id, etc.

Is this the best way to do it? Really, I don't know if I should put clients in the same table but just have a field to designate if they are a buyer, seller, or they are both buying and selling. Would you keep them in separate tables or the same one?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Table Structure question
May 20, 2007 01:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.