MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Any way to optimize join to find rows without conditional foreign rows?
Posted by: Ryan Waggoner
Date: February 13, 2009 02:08PM

I've got a table of keywords that I regularly refresh against a remote search API, and I have another table that gets a row each each time I refresh one of the keywords. I use this table to block multiple processes from stepping on each other and refreshing the same keyword, as well as stat collection. So when I spin up my program, it queries for all the keywords that don't have a request currently in process, and don't have a successful one within the last 15 mins, or whatever the interval is. All was working fine for awhile, but now the keywords_requests table has almost 2 million rows in it and things are bogging down badly. I've got indexes on almost every column in the keywords_requests table, but to no avail.

I'm logging slow queries and this one is taking forever, as you can see. What can I do?

# Query_time: 20 Lock_time: 0 Rows_sent: 568 Rows_examined: 1826718
SELECT Keyword.id, Keyword.keyword
FROM `keywords` as Keyword
LEFT JOIN `keywords_requests` as KeywordsRequest
ON (
KeywordsRequest.keyword_id = Keyword.id
AND (KeywordsRequest.status = 'success' OR KeywordsRequest.status = 'active')
AND KeywordsRequest.source_id = '29'
AND KeywordsRequest.created > FROM_UNIXTIME(1234551323)
)
WHERE KeywordsRequest.id IS NULL
GROUP BY Keyword.id
ORDER BY KeywordsRequest.created ASC;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2009 02:42PM by Ryan Waggoner.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Any way to optimize join to find rows without conditional foreign rows?
February 13, 2009 02:08PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.