MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Low-level remote connect to mySQL.
Posted by: Doug Wendelboe
Date: May 17, 2009 01:25PM

I have a project where I need to connect a small remotely located 8-bit microprocessor to a mySQL database. The connection will be simple in that the microprocessor will simply send SQL strings to periodically INSERT small records to the server while monitoring a system. I already have telnet, ftp, and a simple webserver working on this 8-bit device. I also have written some custom code to communicate via TCP to a TCP Linux application. So I believe the infrastructure is all in place.

I believe I can use this basic set of TCP routines to somehow connect to mySQL. I know how to set up the mySQL server to allow connections remotely on port 3306, so this is not a problem.

My question: Where can I find raw protocol information on what to send to mySQL once the TCP connection has been made. Remember, with this 8-bit micro, I have NO drivers or OS support below me on this device. Since I have customized the telnet and webserver code, I believe I can also connect to mySQL if I have enough info.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions. I could not find a more appropriate forum section, so I posted here.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Low-level remote connect to mySQL.
May 17, 2009 01:25PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.