MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

blob query resulting in error - picture value NULL
Posted by: Andre Oosthuizen
Date: March 22, 2010 01:11PM

I am totally stuck on adding and retrieving data as Binary. I have looked up on help on this site and followed the code as given, error still at 'rs!file = mystream.Read'. The code came from 'http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/vb-blob-handling.html'; There is no problem with the connection or even saving the data name, id number or size. The size is given as the exact file size (183KB), but I get the following error in VB6 as soon as I need to read the file "Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check the value of each item". When i go into my code line where the error happened, I get the following "Non-nullable coloumn can not be updated to NULL".

I have used the 'Create Table' as in the sample, and I am sure this should work fine....

Anybody with ANY idea on how to trap and rectify this. I do need to add pictures to my database, so....

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
blob query resulting in error - picture value NULL
March 22, 2010 01:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.