MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

usb webserver plus mysql = confusion?
Posted by: Dennis Miedema
Date: June 25, 2011 08:16AM

Hey everyone, as a complete mysql noob who knows absolutely nothing about mysql I'm having some problems with getting started.

At first I tried to install php, apache, mysql, etc. manually, I failed to do so successfully, and a colleague recommended I'd install usb webserver because it would install all this stuff for me.

It did, but the question is: now what?

I couldn't find mysql or phpmyadmin help documentation that explains things without jargon, so I hope someone out there can help me.

What I want to do is tell phpmyadmin which login details it should use to open what database on site XYZ so I can add tables and columns and can complete the assignment I was given in this book about learning php/mysql.

What I get instead is tutorials about command prompts and how to define users when I try to google for it. I already have usernames, passwords, and database names. I just want to configure them the easiest way possible with program XYZ and don't even know what program I should be using.

Needless to say: I'm confused. Can someone clarify things for me a little bit?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
usb webserver plus mysql = confusion?
June 25, 2011 08:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.