MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Regexp, replace ??? what do I need to use
Posted by: Sandra Rascheli
Date: February 06, 2007 06:05PM

What I am having trouble is how to see if a particular number is present in the result of this query, For example if I was searching for the number 123456 in the table where identification could be written with extra alphanumeric characters, like this,

id identification
1 45.236.566
2 V-5.683.377
3 V-1785555
4 E-123.456
5 83003332

I would like the query to give me the result that row 4, contains the record I am looking for. Here is the query you suggested:

SELECT identification, GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING(identification, i, 1) ORDER BY i SEPARATOR '')
FROM clients
JOIN ints ON i BETWEEN 1 AND LENGTH(identification)
WHERE
SUBSTRING(identification, i, 1) IN ('0', '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8', '9')
GROUP BY identification;

But the question is how, to select from this resulting set, the match for identification 123456. How should I modify this query to match this particular identification? Is it a subquery? Do I have to send the results from this query to a table and search there? I am not sure how to handle this. Comments will be aprreciated. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.