MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Need help with COM_CHANGE_USER
Posted by: Meirav Rath
Date: June 12, 2018 01:21AM

Hi,

I'm quite new to MySQL protocol and I'm tasked with researching and mapping the changes with authentication scenarios.

In the protocol source code documentation, there are two scenarios where re-authentication happens in the middle of the command phase because a COM_CHANGE_USER happens. I'm trying to recreate this scenario so that I'll be able to have a pcap recording of such a behavior, that I can add to my mapping.

However, I can't find how to do this - there's no switch user command like in Oracle. The MySQL documentation only says that COM_CHANGE_USER is in text protocol, but I can't find any clients who work in text protocol, other than PHP or telnet.

Telnet doesn't use authentication (at least not in Putty or SecureCRT) so I can't see how I can switch users.
I looked into PhpMyAdmin but there's nothing in their documentation about changing user while connected to the database.

I'm just a little confused about this documented scenario and can't see how this could be done.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Need help with COM_CHANGE_USER
June 12, 2018 01:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.